Court guide for lead inspectors
Navigating the Trial Process: A Manual for Lead Inspector Experts educates lead inspectors and risk assessors on what to expect when they are subpoenaed to appear as an expert witness at a deposition or in court. The guide was developed by the Loyola University Civitas ChildLaw Center's Policy Institute.
State and local organizations
- Access Living addresses housing issues for disabled people through education, community organizing, advocacy and individual housing counseling.
- The Chicago Commission on Human Relations receives complaints of illegal discrimination by those renting or selling property.
- Chicago Rents Right is a Chicago Department of Housing program which provides information for Chicago-area tenants about their rights and responsibilities.
- The Center for Conflict Resolution works with individuals and communities to manage and resolve a range of conflicts.
- Cook County Commission on Human Rights receives complaints of illegal discrimination by those renting or selling property.
- Illinois Department of Human Rights receives complaints of illegal discrimination by those renting or selling property.
- John Marshall Law School Fair Housing Legal Clinic aims to educate the public about fair housing law and to provide legal assistance to organizations that address housing discrimination issues.
- Lawyers' Committee for Better Housing offers legal assistance to low- and moderate-income households in the Chicago area.
- Legal Assistance Foundation of Metropolitan Chicago offers free legal aid to the citizens of Cook County.
- The Metropolitan Tenants Organization provides information about tenants' rights and responsibilities regarding a variety of issues, including lead hazards in housing.
- Alliance for Healthy Homes (AFHH) has merged with National Center for Healthy Housing (NCHH) as of January 2010.
- National Lead Information Center (NLIC)
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- United Parents Against Lead (UPAL)